HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, March 19, 2010

TO WATCH OR NOT

Two things have struck me as profound this week while thinking about the coming Apocalypse of Jesus Christ.

One is the theories surrounding the year and/or date of the 2nd coming. The voice on the other side of the radio said Jesus will be arriving in the spring of 2011. I pondered that. And then I am told that thanks to an expiring Mayan calendar we know that the end of the world will actually be in the winter of 2012 (Y2K anybody?). I pondered that. So we read, therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. (Matthew 24:44) So here’s what I am thinking – if some think Jesus might come in 2011 and others say 2012, but the Bible says He will come in an hour as “ye think not,” then we are left with what? 2010 or 2013 and beyond. Really. Jesus could come this year. (You may now argue that since I am thinking 2010 it nullifies that as an option). But let me counter with the 2nd subject of my ponderings this week.

Each of the great Christians I can think of – Peter, Paul, John, Luther, Miller, etc. have all lived expectant of Jesus coming in their lifetime. So the answer to the dilemma is not thinking of when he will come but believing (used synonymously with living) that he will come at any time. The error that Jesus is pointing out (in Matthew 24 and recorded in Luke) is not the error of believing He will or could come at any time, it is living under the assumption that he won’t come at a certain time.

Keep watching, Jesus is coming.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Watching! Beautiful sermon today friend!

11:15 PM, March 20, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home