HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I SAW JESUS TODAY ON THE PLAYGROUND
I am doing a week of prayer at an elementary school this week. And that is both a lot of fun and a blessing. I explained to them this morning how we would have a prayer box that no one else would look in, and we could fill the box with prayer requests before we burned it at the end of the week. After I was done a little girl raised her hand and asked if she could even put in a request to Jesus about her problem. "Yes," I replied to her while quietly whispering thanks for her reminder to me.
After the chapel service I played softball with the kids. There are only about 30 in the whole school and so they combined all the grades to play one game. For the first two innings I watched a 2nd grade girl wonder around the outfield with no glove and no place to be important. I must tell you that although these kids were great sports this game at recess held a world series style importance. After about the second inning the little girl wondered off the field on the first base side, she sat down and put her head between her knees. From the other side of the field a 6th grade girl that was playing third base came over took the 2nd grade girl by the hand walked her over to third base and took her own glove and put it on the small hand of the younger girl. After which she whispered reassuringly in her ear and then took several steps back giving up her important position on the base. That's when I realized Jesus was playing too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trav'ler Jenn said...

Sigh...
Love those kids! And I am glad you got to see Jesus play ball. I bet it was good.

10:34 AM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Things like this make me happy!

11:04 AM, May 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got all weepy on this story, but it made me smile to. Di-na

3:33 PM, May 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home