HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I AM THINKING OF OPPOSITES

I was just amusing myself thinking about one notable opposite... and then it led to another... and well here is what I have got to say.
My mom and dad: My mom drives a 4 door sedan and my dad drives a diesel 4X4 Dodge - opposites (in styles of cars). Sabbath evening after getting home my parents wanted to take me to see a light show... my dad was driving, I was in the front passenger seat and my mom was in the back...when my mom asked if we heard the noise she heard - sounds like the muffler she said - my dad and I "gently" rolled our eyes (we hadn't heard anything and what does she know about the muffler anyway). Minutes later we were on the side of the road fixing a flat tire- Growing up I always knew my mom had good ears (and yes eyes in the back of her head).
My niece and I went for a walk... here she is, the young, and a very old truck we found - opposites.

So I arrived back in Berrien Springs Christmas evening - just in time for a nice dinner and a game -"The Battle of the Sexes." It pits guys against girls in questions that one gender would know and the other probably not. We boys struggled in questions on makeup, cooking and even fell short on a sewing question. So I declare that which has been declared... in many respects (lets not get started) the genders are opposite.

SEED AND MOUNTAIN -Here is a dynamic picture of opposites. In Matthew 17 Jesus is taking the physical to explain the spiritual. So he picks the smallest physical object (mustard seed) that was around him and points to the largest physical object (mountain) and explains the lesson. In was not an effort to measure faith but to show that as little and simple as faith is (asking, expecting, and waiting) it will take care of the biggest that confront us.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good on all the comparisons of the opposites, especially the mustard seed parable.

9:21 PM, December 26, 2006  
Blogger Call Me Crazy said...

Hey! Happy Holidays! That's nice that you got to go home. Have a wonderful new year celebration this weekend!

7:15 PM, December 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home