HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, October 19, 2006

FLOWERS AND FROSTY

I bought a book at the library some weeks ago... for $1. It was good for me to reflect. At the end of the afternoon I decided that ... I WILL pick more daisies.


So I spent a few minutes at the university that week checking out the flowers. "On the lily's petals, God has written a message for you, written in language that your heart can read." (TMB) I "heard" the message: "For He is with us everywhere, And marks each bitter tear that flows. And He will never, never, never forsake the soul that trusts Him ever." (TMB)

After the flowers, came Frosty. This is his first visit to my neighborhood this winter. I went for a jog in the snow (thanks to a little recent inspiration from Andrew who has jogged in SD at 13 degrees) - when I came home, he was begging to be made.

P.S. I thought I would add a little proof here of the 5K I ran a couple of weeks ago at AU

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some pretty good photography there Smike.

12:28 PM, October 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what happens when you decide to pick more daisies and there are none to pick? Hmmm, wait 'til spring I suppose. Until then, those of us in MI can enjoy Frosty. :)

5:14 PM, October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. I've updated myself on your blog. I like all the pics you've added. I especially like the idea that book gives to "pick more daisies." I've heard something about that...I can't remember what. Hope things are well with you. Later!

4:51 AM, October 26, 2006  
Blogger Trav'ler Jenn said...

I most enjoyed seeing the remnants of Frosty. His insides are crunchy.

I love the flowers. Have you seen any of the really amazing mums they grow around here? Beautiful!

Interesting this hobby of taking pictures of pictures. Easy way to remember things that affect you and touch your soul. Thanks for sharing.

OK here is commentary you can update things. :) Peace Granola.

4:50 PM, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frosty is so cute. And I love the flower pictures. It is weird how we trade one type of beauty for another. Flowers for snow.
I like the 'He will never forsake the soul...' quote. I am comforted by the fact that whatever happens, God will never leave us. I am amazed tonight how much God rocks. I just wish didn't hava amnesia because I hate it when I forget how great he is.

10:01 PM, November 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home