HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, October 02, 2006

THIS IS WHAT FAITH MUST BE

Even as I start this post I am certain I will be adding to it or editing it in the near future. My thoughts have been developing on this subject. This morning I was reflecting on the words of a hymn... "When darkness seems to veil his face, I rest in his unchanging grace."
I took this picture outside of my house as I was contemplating what faith is. The truth is that there is a whole neighborhood in this picture...you will just have to "trust" me. That is what I understand faith to be - an invitation from God to look into blackness and trust Him that in "His reality" there is something there. Is it true...TO ARRIVE AT FAITH THERE MUST FIRST BE SOME FORM OF DOUBT?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first time I looked at this picture I wasn't exactly sure what to think...and even though it is a black picture I found myself glancing at it once more. Faith can definately be a tricky thing, and I do believe that at first there is doubt involved. It is a thrilling and incredible feeling when you do step out in faith and God is there for you no matter what....I think that sometimes a person just has to get over that initial fear of...'what if God doesn't help me and I stick my neck out for nothing...will He really catch me when I fall..etc'
Faith is definately a tough topic for some...I just pray that more people would take that initial step and see what an incredible ride it is.
~sorry my comment is so big :)

7:30 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger holamickey said...

Kimberly -
Thanks for your thoughts - I loved them! My question is - if I stick my neck out in honesty for God can in the ultimate picture I ever be disappointed. I think not - but what about right now? I guess I must wait!

11:12 AM, October 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And now abideth faith, hope,love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." Does love come to us first from above?
"Love beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." As Abraham did in all things?
"For now we see through a glass, DARKLY;..."
"But without faith it is impossible to please him..."
Have no doubt!

11:40 PM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home