HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, November 30, 2006

IT IS JUST THE WAY THINGS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE


Something is gripping for me about the adage: "You're welcome at my fire anytime." It's almost midnight, I am sitting here listening to the wind and rain thinking of why this invitation is so intriguing... Okay, here is my conclusion: The invitation is hospitality, but its more. It is an invitation to join in security and rest... when you don't have either. "Fire" insinuates more than a geographical location... its emotional and spiritual. In a period of aloneness(different in my mind than loneliness), fear, or struggle for hope... I suppose few things could be better said by a fellow mortal than for them to open their heart... and invite.


This is a good 'ole southern "howdy" from Kyle - I spent Thanksgiving in Georgia with this good friend, his wonderful family, and his dog Hank.

The Christmas season actually began this week at my house... our Christmas lights went up and then Walter and I had a little official ceremony which consisted of going outside and taking video and pictures of our lights... then we went back inside to study.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah T said...

Yay for Christmas! It is almost cold enought to almost fool me that it is almost october out here. Just a few flakes of snow and I would think is was almost november. Yesterday I chopped up an entire sheet of paper with a paper cutter and threw the pieces in the air. It was magical!

1:06 AM, December 01, 2006  
Blogger Sarah T said...

wait, how come it automatically named me! I want to put in a cooler name (no offense, mom).

1:06 AM, December 01, 2006  
Blogger holamickey said...

Sarah - paper snow will have to work! So... let it snow. Happy to see you have a blog... can't wait to get on.

10:44 AM, December 01, 2006  
Blogger Tennille said...

Very nice Michael. Love the Christmas lights. :) Happy Week!

12:12 PM, December 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the lights! I actually drove by your house the other day and saw them. I honestly can't think of winter or the Christmas season without some lights. I have yet to put mine up.

10:33 AM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger holamickey said...

Thanks Tennille & Kimberly - it warms my little heart that some people came by and saw the lights...! :)

11:01 AM, December 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah Humbug!

5:38 PM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger holamickey said...

Dear Mr./Mrs.Miss Humbug,

A most unusual name if I say so myself. We all appreciate you spelling it out for all of us...I regret that your message failed to appear. :)

Me

7:00 PM, December 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home