HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, December 07, 2006

A DECADE AGO AND STILL WAITING
A TRIBUTE TO MY FRIEND

Ten years ago, on December 7, returning from a choir concert in eastern Washington St. to our academy campus our school's bus collided with a semi truck. This a "day that will live in infamy" began for me a journey from which months later I would not only have to learn how to walk physically again but from which I learned to walk spiritually.


I was standing at the time of the accident up in the front next to my friend and principal Ray Cornforth. Mr. Cornforth gave himself to serving young people. He settled for less here because he knew God was going to give him a large diamond door knob on the front door of his mansion in heaven. His gifted tenor voice I well remember singing the words: "Last night I lay a-sleeping....and once again the scene was changed new earth there seemed to be I saw the Holy City beside the tideless sea...the gates were open wide and all who would might enter in and no one was denied..."

One decade ago, Ray Cornforth died - I didn't know it would be this long - him and I have a a special appointment. Because of his example I have chosen to keep my eyes fixed on the sky...thats where Jesus has chosen to meet us.

"Even so Lord Jesus, come."

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah T said...

I will be praying for you in this hard time. I love the hope we have for the future. Without it, how could we even go on? Keep looking up, and looking for our true home where our loved ones will be. I am so glad that you were saved from that crash and Christ developed your character through it. Love you and miss you, michael.

1:42 AM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Tennille said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing Michael. Praise God for the hope that is ours! You will see him again.

1:09 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger holamickey said...

Thank you Sarah - I was encouraged by your reply... We have this hope, and we are not going to sell out. Heaven is so real.

1:47 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Trav'ler Jenn said...

What a world we live in. Tragedy surrounded by beauty. I am glad you made it through that disaster alive. And I cannot wait to meet the wonderful Mr. Cornforth.

5:08 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Melanie said...

Praise God for the life He granted you that night. His plans for you are special. Que Dios te bendiga siempre!

2:03 PM, December 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael, I am Tennille's mother.
Ray Cornforth was one of my teachers at Campion. He was a great teacher and friend to his students. Words really are inadequate to describe him and the positive influence he had on those around him. I thought alot of him and was very sad when I heard about the bus accident. Blessings to you as you serve God as Mr. Cornforth did.

6:19 PM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger holamickey said...

Mrs. Suckut,

Thank you so much for your comment - you are right- he was just as much as a friend as he was teacher. Remembering his life still challenges me.
God's continued blessings to your family.

10:45 PM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger karaleeann said...

Thank you Mikey--your tribute to Mr. Cornforth is beautiful. I will never forget that night--or the painful, as well as hopefull days that have followed. I remember the day I was told you may never walk again, and I want you to know that your faith and strength have been a true inspiration to me over the years. Im so proud of you and who you have become. Your faith and dedication to God have made you such a wonderful person. I love you and will always have a special place in my heart.
Love Kara

1:36 PM, June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home