HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, January 02, 2009

LEARNING FROM GOD
There are places and times that arrest our attention and command our thoughts toward God. For me, two of those are sunsets and the northwest. A rough plane ride to S.F., a book, and a visit to the Northwest got me thinking...

...it gets confusing; to be humiliated is a tragedy, but to have humility is a virtue.  I found a used book this summer that I tucked away, and in the past weeks pulled it out to read:  written by Andrew Murray the book is intelligibly titled Humility. Quite frankly I have been convicted. 

Muntadar al-Zaidi wanted, last month, to disgrace and humiliate President George Bush in his farewell visit to the Middle East.  So during a press conference in Baghdad the reporter for a local television station took both shoes off throwing them with remarkable accuracy at the head of the visiting president.  Sudarsan Raghavan with the Washington Post reports that this indeed was the “worst possible insult in Iraq and is meant to show extreme disrespect and contempt.” Did it work?  Reportedly not.

Politics aside, Jesus came. And in coming embraced everything that this world perceives as humiliating:  born poor, worked with His hands, never received a credentialed degree, rejected and tricked by friends, taunted about His ethnic background, wrongly accused, and finally strung up naked to die.  Did we humiliate Jesus?  Nope! We couldn’t disgrace the very Origin of grace.

I can only conclude, when the virtue of humility is fully lived, it is impossible to be humiliated.

8 Comments:

Blogger Paeter said...

Good thought, never thought of it quite like that before.

7:11 AM, January 03, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor,
Greetings to you in the name ofo ur lord jesus christ. i am sonu kumar serving of God in North India. here no our advnetist work. so please pray ans see my blogs. (www.silas-sonu.blogspot.com)
please...
sonu and pinky
in His serve

6:08 AM, January 04, 2009  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Bravo Holamickey!! I have a totally new perspective on those perspectives. Seriously though...I appreciate your thoughts. Especially that Jesus was not humiliated because we can't disgrace the origin of Grace!
I'm glad you enjoyed my cat pictures. :) Take care Micheal...God bless you.

4:06 PM, January 07, 2009  
Blogger Amber said...

You don't know me (I know, weird way to begin eh? ... grin) but I just wanted to let you know how much I have appreciated your blog. I came across your blog through my brother-in-law's blog, Adam Deibert. I appreciate how you experience life and spirituality. William Saroyan wrote; “In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite variety and mystery of it.” Your blog makes me smile to the infinite variety and mystery of life. Thank-you. Blessings to you.

3:01 PM, January 16, 2009  
Blogger Autumn said...

Oh, I remember that book "Humility". Chuck Holtry gave it to me years ago to read and I remember it was DEEP! But good too!

And yes, the beautiful Northwest! Gotta love it!

9:58 PM, January 16, 2009  
Blogger holamickey said...

Amber - I know Adam, he's quite the chap. Blogging has taught me to see things I missed before. Thanks for the encouragement.

Autumn - You will never come back from Canada, will you!?

Paeter & Elizabeth - You should both buy your cars a coat... since they are in Michigan.

12:56 PM, January 19, 2009  
Blogger Autumn said...

hmmmm...I must admit Canada is beautiful, but the more I am up here, the more I despise that one little stretch of land that is 50+feet wide called "the border"! In recent times, it has been causing me more grief! One of these days it would be nice to be able to again move south of the border!

1:52 PM, January 22, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

I gave my brother a fake Christmas tree that I had used for years (we are talking over 10 years easy). Anyway, I called it the Charlie Brown tree because of the way it looked. This past year I found that he upgraded because his visitors kept teasing him. If he still has it your more then welcome to have it, he might still have it in a storage locker or something. Unless you believe it real trees are better.

7:22 PM, March 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home