HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, October 17, 2008


LA NINA DE SU OJO
I spent this morning, as I do on most Fridays, doing worships with the kids at our Jr. Academy.  Today we looked at Zechariah 2:8 "he who touches you, touches the apple of His eye."  In spanish instead of "apple" La Biblia reads "la nina" or "the little girl of his eye."  This makes us sound pretty special. 


I was struck by the profound truth contained in the songs the kindergartners sang – truth that many of us in the passing of time either accidentally neglected or have become too sophisticated to embrace.  Let me remind you: “Be careful little eyes what you see… ears what you hear… mouth what you say…” We are fools to suppose that in our adult maturity we are no longer shaped by what are senses absorb. There is still a “Father looking down in love.”

Father Abraham had many sons, I am one of them and so are you, so let’s just praise the Lord.”  Today the sons of Abraham encompass many diverse and splintered groups often piqued by one another.  Even within Christianity we are afraid to call one another brothers.  If we have ever swung our right arm or our left leg singing this song, we as Adventists should reach out inviting others to join us in “just praise[-ing] the Lord.”

As for the most profound: “Jesus loves me this I know…” Don’t forget it! Saturate yourself everyday with the Biblical stories that best display this. Then a miracle will take place inside; and we will look like this song sounds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paeter said...

Saturation...how true. I've realized more this week the need to take every opportunity for that. Also reminded me of the simple "this I know for the Bible tells me so"...how simple.

9:37 PM, October 17, 2008  
Blogger Karlee said...

I saw a little baby girl t-shirt the other day that said "apple of my mommy's eye." It reminded me of how special I am to God because that is what He calls me! The t-shirt however stayed on the rack since I already went with the one that says "my auntie loves me."

HVCA's playground looks quite different than I remember... ;-)

2:49 PM, October 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home