HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I SMELLED...
If I were a flower, I would want to be an iris.  I have irises growing outside the front of my house. There is no aroma from nature as beautiful as what these phenomenal flowers proffer.  The assistant at my church office told me today that I was visual.  I won't argue that.  However when it comes to smells... hmmm.... just now a myriad of wonderful smells wafted into my mind.  I love to smell.  I guess now that I have spelled it out, I would rather be the shrub next to the irises... that is one lucky bush.
Now a few other thoughts. About romance.
 What a beautiful idea, and wouldn't it be like the devil to target it.  This week I listened to the story of a praying husband for a wife that left, talked to a young lady who's boyfriend won't acknowledge her attempts to be sweet, heard a husband admit his verbal abuse to his wife, and I want to cry "stop."  I'm not calling for conflict-free relationships... just romance.  The will is just as involved as the emotions, its time for a generation to stand up and say we "will" to love - This, by-the-way, is how G0d painted a self-portrait.  Good is the enemy of great... don't just hold hands with romance... dance and sing with it.  
(just needed to say something)

4 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

When I lived in Tenn. there was a purple Iris bush outside the front door. I always thought it smelled like grape bubble gum. Yum! As far as your final thoughts, I couldn't agree more!

5:29 PM, May 26, 2008  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Lilacs are the best!! Though short-lived, they are absoluately soothing & beautiful all at the same time! Igrid & I were walking & passed a driveway lined with lilac bushes! Oh what marvelous way to be greeted or good-bye'd. Irises are beautiful also...I'm totally visual with flowers! I LOVE THEM ALL!! God is so good to us!!

8:36 AM, May 27, 2008  
Blogger Joelle said...

In CA, the irises bloom much earlier than I have been used to - around my birthday. But that's really cool, too! (I'd been used to having daffodils as a "birthday flower".) Irises are great, too.

6:44 PM, May 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have much to say on the flowers other then I love them in all the senses of the word. I do want to say that romance is in the air don't be discouraged! We reap what we sew. If you sew true romance you will reap it. I read my high school diary yesterday and I just smiled at all the wonderful entries of what little things my crush would do or say to make my day soar with romance! I miss those feelings, but not enough to trade them for the feelings I have for a God sent husband I have who doesn't give me the same flutter but a warm glow all over.

3:30 PM, May 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home