HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, April 20, 2008

SHOT TO THE HEART
Next Sabbath I will finish a 7-part sermon series at my church about prayer.  I have been blessed and challenged to the level that I never want to go back to where I was in my prayer life. This past week we studied Jesus' example to us in prayer.  It's filled with petitions - and one is that God's will will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  Jesus actually prayed that prayer again in Gethsemane.  This got me thinking:  I was talking to a friend this week on how love can be turned into a bullet which shoots your heart.  It's one of the few times that you can be shot in the heart, and not die.  Okay, that is almost true.  Because that night after Jesus surrendered his will to the Father's will, love (refuted) did become a bullet shot into his heart... and he did die.  I wonder if we get sidetracked on the gory drama and miss that Jesus experienced love refused, and that killed him.  Maybe it is those shots to our hearts of love lost - parents loosing a child, spouse rejecting an innocent spouse, etc. where it hurts inside and you can't rub it to make it feel better - are glimpses of the heart hurt that killed Jesus.
By the way, you are all welcome to visit my churches website: www.bcadventistchurch.org
One more (funny) story from Europe.
The last night I was in Paris, I attempted to get a hotel room.  Well several miles later and 4 different hotels my ride needed to begin his journey back to Germany and I still didn't have a place to stay.  It was about 7 p.m. and my flight left at 10 a.m. the next morning.  So I had him drop me off at the airport and thought I would call for a place from there.  Most of the places I called didn't have any rooms and the only one that did said that it was going for 250 euros ($375).  I couldn't spend that much on just me... so I wandered the hallways of the Paris International Airport until I knew I was tired enough to sleep anywhere.  Then I opened my suitcase in a corner and this became my bed....
It was not so bad.  The difficult part was that besides walking I had been drinking water.  So each one of the four times I had to repack my suitcase (it was tight) and roll it down to the bathroom before returning to "my spot" and spreading it back out.  But as "difficult of a trial" that was, it has become almost an endearing memory (might just be a lesson in that).

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I know all about the shot in the heart feeling! I just experienced it today matter of fact, but as far as the way Jesus felt, not even!! We can only imagine...& I don't know if we'll ever fully understand how he felt at that very moment. At the same time, I'm sure I've given out a couple shots to the heart myself...I can think of 1 right now! Nothing intentional but we are only human! Courage Micheal...remember you have people in other states thinking of/praying for you.

1:00 PM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger Autumn said...

A challenge to me is that Jesus knew ahead of time that love would be refuted and yet he chose to love anyway. That is true love--agape love.

11:00 PM, April 22, 2008  
Blogger kimberella said...

Going anywhere in Europe is a small goal of mine which I hope to achieve. Glad you got the chance. I know this sounds cruel, but I'm kinda glad didn't find a hotel to sleep in. Those are the kind of stories that make your journey to another country sound so dramatic...especially to someone who doesn't travel much (obviously I'm not included in that). And of course there are many lessons we can learn from those experiences...I guess it just depends on what God needs to teach you at the moment. Oh, and I'm glad you didn't get mugged or anything like that ;)

8:28 AM, April 26, 2008  
Blogger holamickey said...

Well said you panel of commenters... and to Chongo who faithfully thinks about my blog.

6:04 PM, May 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Micheal, you crack me up. :)

Chongo

12:39 AM, May 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home