HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

INTO THE HEART...

...of Africa David will go next week. Last night we did our best to prepare him, for on this day one week from now David will marry Tennille on African soil. Our directions to him: On his "African hunt" he is allowed to capture only one species, and he must bring her back alive. Our best advice to him was not to cage the trophy of his hunt (its been said they don't like that).

There are two other hearts that are involved. David has already gone into his and discovered a love from God for Tennille. One week from today he will make the ultimate commitment to journey into the heart of Tennille. Congratulations brother.

I have been reading an excellent book, Wild at Heart. And I am thankful for what I have been learning. We have all been wounded by interpersonal relationships of the past including romantic, family, or just platonic. And the feeling that develops is the"I don't need anyone." In response to this men can become driven or passive. Neither of these are indicative of the true strength God wants to give. In the broad picture, being independent can be the cover up of fear to open our hearts. Many of us have been caged up for so long (by numerous personal and social negative elements) that we no longer live for our inner dreams. Here's what John Eldredge say they are: "In the heart of every man is a desperate desire for a battle to fight, an adventure to live, and a beauty to rescue." And "a woman's heart yearns to be fought for...an adventure to share...and a beauty to unveil."

The easy way out here is to point at one side or the other as not living out their "passion" as the reason it doesn't always work out like it sounds. The truth is, until I live my heart's desires, I can't ask her live her heart out. I don't want cages (wounds from the past) to suffocate my God given desires...

For this pottage... I did not sell my birthright.

These men insisted they wanted to buy some hummus from Apple Valley.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

6 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

Congratulations to David! I'm so happy for him. Is he going to have a wedding or reception here that all his friends can go to? I hope so!

The book your reading sounds like another I thoroughly enjoyed by Eric Ludy, "God's Gift to Women: Discovering the Lost Greatness of Masculinity." It talks about how within the soul of every young man is a warrior in search of his sword and a poet in search of his pen -- two things that will win the heart of a young woman. I highly recommend it!

6:47 PM, November 21, 2007  
Blogger Pastor David said...

Thanks Micheal for the time last night. It meant alot and the prayers. :)

Appreciate you bro :)

many prayers,

David

PS - Yes Staci - we will be having a reception at the Village Church on December 16th! Everyone is invited!

10:50 PM, November 21, 2007  
Blogger Trav'ler Jenn said...

Wahoo David and Tenille!

And why on earth is Kyle wearing a womans gown??? Egads!

Another interesting perspective on caging...The Prophet... By Kahlil Gibran, his sections on love and marriage are great. Very poignant.

10:10 AM, November 22, 2007  
Blogger kimberella said...

Glad Sarah could see my blog :) Now I am wondering how my version to her was different! Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

6:47 PM, November 22, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Staci and Jenn - thanks for the recommendations on future reading.
Kyle has yet to explain why he was wearing the womans attire.

12:48 PM, November 25, 2007  
Blogger Paeter said...

Innocent until proven guilty...if I do recall. I must say, the three...uh...historical figures definately need to go to Apple Valley and buy multiple types of hummus and bread and serve it! Looks like a fun night.

10:14 PM, November 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home