HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, October 01, 2007

HE LOVES YOU
I have been very blessed working with a great group of pastoral interns/actors here in TN. Last Friday we did a chapel service for the elementary school here. I couldn't stop laughing... here are the skits.Jeff played the father of Raewyn who was a little girl who couldn't go to sleep because she was alone and there were monsters in her closet. But all was better after "father" explained that we are never alone... because Jesus is always with us.

Kyle played the part of a young chap who couldn't hit a baseball for anything.

Finally Kyle became frustrated with not being able to hit the ball... but God sent his friend Daniel to remind him that God's love for us is not dependant on our talents - when we accept Jesus we become super special.

Walter thought he needed to be like Superman in order to be someone. He was discouraged that he couldn't fly... until his friend Ben told him that he only needed to be like Jesus to be "someone." And that Jesus made that possible.

I summarized: No matter who you are, what family you are from, what you are able to do, how you look, or who you know - Having Jesus makes you the most special person there is.
"Because we are the gift of His Father, and the reward of His work, Jesus loves us. He loves us as His children. [Blog] Reader, He loves you. Heaven itself can bestow nothing greater, nothing better. Therefore trust." (DA)

10 Comments:

Blogger kimberella said...

AMEN! Too bad you all couldn't come out here and do something like that. The kids would love it. But I am sure that the kids who actually did get to watch and listen were blessed.

2:17 AM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Staci said...

Poor Kyle! I hope he is feeling much better. Let him know that God loves him and he has a red-headed friend who thinks a lot of him! :)

7:43 AM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Trav'ler Jenn said...

Yeah for Drama! The stage suits you all! Please tell me this is on video somewhere???

4:51 PM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Kim - we all want to come!!

Staci - The good news is that Kyle learned that Jesus loves us anyway. I'll pass your appreciation on.

NNFF - There isn't - but I was sure wishing there was - it was one of the best.

1:03 PM, October 03, 2007  
Blogger Autumn said...

Micheal, Glad to hear that you are being able to reach out to the young people too! That's close to my heart!

6:51 PM, October 03, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Forget not being able to hit a baseball! He looks like he needs a stylist...them pants gotta go dear! Jesus still loves him though and he'll be ready for a flood! I would still be his friend, even in those pants...but I would like to take him shopping some time! LOL You guys look like you had a great time though! I'm sure the kids enjoyed it too! Praise God for men like you who are so devoted to sharing Jesus' love and having fun doing it! :O)

8:22 AM, October 05, 2007  
Blogger Melanie said...

nice! i guess i should have had you proof read my b-day invite for the rodeo! i read that thing about five times and never caught that. anyways, have a wonderful Sabbath!!

8:26 PM, October 05, 2007  
Blogger Paeter said...

Greetings from yonder up north. Good thoughts, God is what matters.

9:55 PM, October 07, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

For his defense those pants were tucked into his socks for affect - I thought "high water" was IN. :)

Elizabeth - thanks for keeping our home... it was super.

We are officially "up north."

1:21 PM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You're a good friend Micheal! I was not making fun though...Kyle is my friend too ya know. I have friends that can't dress themselves anyway! LOL I won't mention any names though...no, I'm not talking about you!
Thanks for letting me stay at/watch your man cave! I hope ya'll like Vanilla. How's the man machine? Did ya get him started up ok? Did he tell you he likes me better? LOL Oh, I have your towels...I wanted to wash them for you.

2:47 PM, October 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home