HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, July 09, 2007

TUNES IN THE SHOWER

My mom periodically puts up devotionals or scripture texts in a ziplock bag in the shower. So we here in our house (Kyle and I) have followed the tradition. I have found it "refreshing" many a tired evening to read a thought or verse from God's Word. Well a friend caught wind of it and so for a belated birthday gifted I received:

An AM/FM shower CD radio! I had no idea that they made such a thing. I haven't inserted into my shower yet but it is super idea. Now I have been thinking about the music. I think the 1812 Overture would be quite the experience. It probably would not be good for Kyle who takes his showers in the morning, right before he wakes up. But listening to some kids praise songs including I'm in the Lord's Army and Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho might be the key to a fun morning. Of course Showers of Blessings would always be apropos.

The wild west came to town to celebrate a birthday...and yes we had to cut up a table cloth for this one.
I was listening today to Dr. Emerson Eggerichs speak on Ephesians 5:33 - husbands loving your wives and wives respecting your husbands (a very interesting difference between the two of which I might ponder more in the future). He made an interesting point: Paul compares this relationship to Jesus and the church. This becomes powerful when you think about what a man is willing and even wants to do for a woman. Two things specifically men have build in: Are desire to serve women - this is why men often see the fact that they provide for their family and very significant. And the second is that men see protecting their family or even dying for their family as their right. A woman will hear a strange noise and ask her husband to check it out... it usually doesn't go the other direction. We count serving and protecting as our privilege. So Christ did for the church: He took on the role of serving and protecting - yes even dying so that the church (us) would be safe and taken care of. By the way His death is still very important and he is yet serving us. So ladies, I know we are not perfect, and we gentlemen still have much to grow in loving you like you deserve. But be patient with us because we do want to use our God given characteristics to serve and protect you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

I thought this was going to be a post about singing in the shower, but it was even better. I'm wondering if the tempo of the music would affect the length of the shower taken at all.

Loved the bandannas! You looked so authentic reminding me of my childhood in the Wild West of Arizona.

Also appreciated your thoughts about the role of men to women. It made me realize that we girls come to better understand God's love for us as we see you men serve and protect us. It makes us want to fall in love with Jesus -- the Ultimate Man! Thanks for that gift!

8:25 AM, July 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as it is your niece spends to long in the shower so if she has something to sing with while she was in there I do not know if you would ever come out. I guess she might when the hot water ran out.

12:59 AM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Staci- thanks for your affirmation. I very much see God's DNA (his characteristics) in women. Maybe they even demonstrate His highest attribute, mercy, the best.
And Tawnie, my dear sister, I smiled as I thought of Boo camping out in the shower... as long as she can get away with it. But no hot water is a strong motivator. :)

11:05 AM, July 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home