HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, June 25, 2007

CAMPMEETING AND BEAUTIFUL THINGS
I was at campmeeting this weekend to visit and be spiritually challenged.There was many beautiful aspects: The most beautiful was the theme that God's promises (His Word) endures forever. My spirit was charged by the messages.

Sleeping in tents with friends. And the stars at night that shouted the "Word" of God that He is big, real big.

Beautiful also was heart to heart conversation between friends.Then good food, hospitality, and spiritual encouragement. Off camera I captured mental images of other beautiful things, let me share:
  • A young boy coming out of the bathroom who I didn't know wished me a "good night" and told about his camping experience. Good things must be shared.
  • An elderly(around their 90's) couple came into the meeting and sat in front of me. She had pulled her silver hair up and he wore a shirt and tie with suspenders. He carried homemade looking seat cushions for the both of them. Before she sat down he gently placed hers on the seat. Even in the mundane he included a touch of love.
  • During the closing song of the evening meeting a young boy (maybe 5 or 6) stood beside his mother, his arm extended as high as it could go rubbing her back as she rubbed his.
  • Sunday morning outside of my tent, a father was racing his young son... both laughing as they ran.

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

Pictures of people eating...I always find them so flattering (or not!). Thanks for including that great one of me in your blog! :D

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your reflections regarding the little things you noticed at camp meeting. How much of the world do we really miss because we fail to notice those little things? Makes me think of the encounter with Elijah and God...God didn't come in the fire, wind, or earthquake, but with a still small voice. Hmmm... a little thing. Thanks for the reminder to keep our eyes open for them.

11:18 PM, June 26, 2007  
Blogger Paeter said...

I like those bullet points.

4:44 PM, June 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home