HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, June 10, 2007

MUSINGS FROM SUNDAY MORNING

This morning was laundry day, my basket was full with two loads. Doing laundry is so rewarding, it's like everything gets a new start. In preparation to leave to go down to the laundromat I discovered I only had 3 quarters and a $20 bill. I didn't want $20 worth of quarters from the machine... my solution: go the the grocery store a little further down the street and buy something. But what? Last week I needed change and I bought the always handy pack of gum, but today... a single tomato.

Last evening after vespers and supper I watched a video with some friends presented by Ken Davis ( A Christian Comedian) on the reasons for joy. His conclusion: Each of us were made unique and hand-designed by God. He loves how we each turned out. Don't, he said, be so hard on yourself or others in their "uniqueness."

Afterwards I took the opportunity to go walking, really to pray and spend some time with Jesus. It was not hard to feel close to him with an incredibly clear sky full of celestrial lights. I read yesterday to pray for others and let them know you are doing so. So really, if you are reading this blog you are most likely someone I prayed for - courage friends.

It was rather late when I was walking home and when I passed 2 police cars parked they turned their spotlights on me... okay I thought, just a normal late night "who's walking around at this hour" check. Well as quick as that thought was out both cars pulled out and cornered me in. I was told - minutes before I walked by two males had been spotted breaking into a car and had both managed to elude the officers. So now I am trying to explain to them how it isn't normal to be walking at that time of "morning" and how I didn't really go anywhere and I was just walking... I don't think my alibi was convincing, but they let me go... for another block. Then both of them were back and this time the 2nd officer had questions for me. In case anyone is concerned about the conclusion... I made it home.

About a week ago in the class I was taking came up the discussion of relationships - probably the romantic was a bit highlighted, but it included all relationships. A visiting author pointed out how a healthy relationship requires 3 elements (these are person to person and do not exclude the need of God). (1) Acceptance - each in the relationship should be working to let the other know they are accepted, just as they are. (2) Approval - Everyone grows on knowing they are thought of as very good in what they do or who they are. (3) Confrontation - a lasting relationship needs time for one person to say -"this 'point' is not so good in you or us" and the other to embrace that, knowing they are still accepted and approved.

Today I am suppose to meet someone who's life story crossed mine about 10 years ago and we didn't know it.... I'll let you know how it goes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...you do have to be careful of those seminarians.

1:55 PM, June 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so after i said i saw your blog, and you asked why i didnt comment, i tried to comment. i spent 15 or maybe even 20 minutes trying to comment, and it just would not let me. blogspot does NOT like me. trying once more but not with much hope.

anyway, you cant say i didnt try.

carla

11:39 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Mr. bug patrol.... seminarians are very safe, just some of their behavior is unexplainable.
Thanks Carla - You did it :)

9:36 AM, June 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home