HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, June 04, 2007

PRAY ON
I read this weekend the story of David Livingston sacrificing his life to tell the people of Africa the story of Jesus. He buried his wife there and it is said that after lowering her into the earth he knelt beside the grave, weeping and he is heard to have prayed: "My Jesus, my king, my life, my all, I again consecrate my life to thee."
We are all very aware that none are exempt from emotional and spiritual pain. Several years ago during a difficult period I heard a song on the radio that made me cry. It came to my mind today and I looked it up - here is the chorus:
Pray on, for you are who the Lord is looking for
Pray on, for this will tear those mighty strongholds down
Stay on your knees, for this is where the battles are won
There's no better place that you could be than seeking God prayerfully
Very soon you'll win the victory, pray on
Pray on
(I will post the rest of the song as a comment)
Here is a life altering quote from the book Patriarchs and Prophets:
The greatest victories to the church of Christ or to the indiviual Christian are not those that are gained by talent or education, by wealth or the favor of men. They are those victories that are gained in the audience chamber with God, when earnest agonizing faith lays hold upon the mighty arm of power.

2 Comments:

Blogger holamickey said...

Pray On
by "One"

The army of Judah was parlyzed by fear
When they heard a mighty multitude was quickly drawing near.
But as they prayed for deliverance, their victory would begin
Cause when we call upon the Lord, we summon all of heaven.

Chorus: Pray on, for you are who the lord is looking for
Pray on, for this will tear those mighty strongholds down.
Stay on your knees, for this is where the battles are won
Very soon you'll win the victory, pray on.

When Daniel faced the lions, for worshipping the Lord
It seemed there was no hope at all for what would be in store
But when we stand on holy ground, our smallest prayer is heard
And, instead of on our circumstance, our eyes are on the Lord.

(Chorus)

And when your questions go unanswered, and your prayers, they seem in vain
They don't seem to make a difference, they don't seem to make a change
Oh, rest assured, God knows your needs, for He hears each time we pray
Your prayers are reaching heaven and the answer's on the way.

Pray on, for you are who the Lord is looking for
Pray on, for this will tear those mighty strongholds down
Stay on your knees, for this is where the battles are won
There's no better place that you could be
Than seeking God prayerfully
Very soon you'll win the victory, pray on
Pray on

10:01 AM, June 04, 2007  
Blogger Staci said...

Michael, I have never heard this song but the words are powerful! I can so connect with them. Especially this verse:

"And when your questions go unanswered, and your prayers, they seem in vain
They don't seem to make a difference, they don't seem to make a change,
Oh, rest assured, God knows your needs, for He hears each time we pray
Your prayers are reaching heaven and the answer's on the way."

I've been asking God to answer a prayer of mine for about 15 years that was just answered this last weekend. I know that it only came because I refused to stop praying. This morning I read this promise that is now my experience!

"His Word is the assurance that if you ask in faith, you will receive all spiritual blessings. Continue to ask, and you wil receive exceeding abundantly above all that you ask or think. Educate yourself to have unlimited confidence in God. Cast all your care upon Him. Wait patiently for Him, and He will bring it to pass." In Heavenly Places, p. 71

Claim it, brother!

2:06 PM, June 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home