HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

GOD'S SPEED

The high/low of Sunday afternoon was that we celebrated Tennille's graduation but then said our goodbyes to her - she left to do social work in Africa for 4 months. When somebody wished her "God's speed" the person next to me asked me what really that meant. So I did my research and... As most of us would have guessed it's an old farewell inviting the protection of God against the many perils of life. But one lady wrote about it's double significance in her life - and that she wanted to learn to live life in the rhythm of God's speed. This reminded me a Psalm I read the other morning - let me share: I would have lost heart unless I believed I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say on the Lord." (27:13-14) I read this verse while I was on my knees and when I read it I had to stand up - it was that good. However it gets better - This Psalm reminded me of a favorite text of mine in Luke 18:1 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not to lose heart. The parable Jesus then told was of the woman going before the judge repeatedly with her petition. To loose heart is to stop petitioning. David wrote, he would have stopped petitioning but he believed he would see the goodness of the Lord while here on earth. But in order to do that he had to live his life in God's speed - meaning he had to consistently go before God with expectant hope (waiting).

On another note, have you ever wondered what people do in their office after lunch?

I found out when I gave Kyle a surprise visit this afternoon - crayola kept the after-lunch-sleepy from winning. (okay, this was framed)

I wish to you, a life with God's speed and at God's speed.

13 Comments:

Blogger kimberella said...

Thank you for sharing Luke 18:1, it's something I definately have to keep in mind. Sometimes I take the easier approach and just forget about it and let life lead where it leads when instead I should constantly be praying and not losing hope.
On another note...Tell Kyle that he is welcome in my classroom anytime! Crayons are always the best way to go ;)

1:15 AM, August 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was very nice to meet you on Sunday! Some family were in serious need of sleep so we left earlier than I would have liked. Thank you for the encouraging words. It's not easy to be patient and wait for God's timing. I enjoyed your previous post!! Maybe a name change to holamonkey?? :)

8:39 AM, August 08, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Kim - Yes! Pray on and I know we shall see the goodness of God while we live here! :) I will make extend the invitation to Kyle - but he only has the 16-pack, not the 64-pack with the build-in sharpner. Is it dangerous to eat crayons? (I again refer to my teacher friends)
Mrs. Suckut - Yes meeting your family was also a privilege for me. If I ever travel through N.D. - I am going to contact you all. But don't worry, I will not climb around your house. :)

9:31 AM, August 08, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:32 AM, August 08, 2007  
Blogger Staci said...

I had never thought of God's Speed in that way. It's my prayer my life will always be framed to His timing and that I'll never lose hope.
BTW, tell Kyle that Autumn and I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent with you two at ASI. It was such fun! Hopefully, we'll be able to do it again sometime.

12:46 PM, August 08, 2007  
Blogger Autumn said...

God's speed is sometimes hard to accept... the fact is that he knows no haste nor delay...he doesn't race to the finish line nor drag either. His pace is always just right to get where he needs to be at just the right time and in just the right place. His timing is impeccable. I wish I could remember that when the timing isn't to my liking...

And just a note from a teacher: are you one of those kids that always ate their crayons! For shame! no wonder they always come up missing, broken, or half-chewed in the classroom.

BTW, tell Kyle to be careful what he draws with his crayons... esp stick men as the following clip shows how dangerous this can be...(http://www.bofunk.com/video/824/crayons_are_dangerous.html)

4:44 PM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Autumn said...

opps... it cut off the last part of the link...

The last part should be "crayons_are_dangerous.html"

4:45 PM, August 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your welcome at our home anytime so do keep us in mind. You can even consider a trip through ND as an excuse to stop by!

12:13 AM, August 10, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:36 AM, August 10, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Staci - ASI was fun-thanks. And Sabbath supper was on me(in case I need to jog your memory about the pea soup and carrot sticks:) Thanks for the help at their booth.
Autumn - I might have nibbled- I think mostly on chalk. Really did eating that wax hurt me?
That was the craziest video - I laughed. But I can't believe they are blaming stick men.

11:37 AM, August 10, 2007  
Blogger Paeter said...

Excellent thought. I must say, I didn't realize that Kyle was such an avid artist!

3:22 PM, August 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hereby post on your blog. Are you happy??? :)

Ahem, those don't look like authentic CRAYOLA crayons to me... everybody knows if you want to create a great work of art you gotta use the real stuff ;)

8:56 AM, August 12, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Paeter - you should set Kyle loose on one of your walls with his "crayolas."
Cari - Yes I am happy! And very good eye... I do think those were the imitation.

10:07 AM, August 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home