HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, July 29, 2007

CLIMBING AROUND

Some things can drive you up a wall... others drive you up the door.
Today I was planning on going rock climbing at an indoor gym, but a few things didn't work out and so I had to settle for climbing around my house. The shorts in this picture remind me that I went "yard sale-ing" last week. I can't remember if I have ever done that before. But I was helping with one so I thought I would shop. I made out pretty well - for $7 I got these shorts, a mountain backpack, snow pants, and a casual jacket. Nice.

Here's what has been running through my head this week - this list of who we are.
Read them one after another, I know at least one will be just for you.

I am God's child (John 1:12)

I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)

I am free forever from condemnation (Rom. 8:1-2)

I am a citizen of Heaven (Phil. 3:20)

I am free from any charbe against me (Rom. 8:31-34)

I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom. 8:35-39)

I may appraoch God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3:12)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)

I am God's workmanship (Eph 2:10)

I have been adopted as God's child (Eph. 1:5)

I am complete in Christ (Col. 2:10)

You are the most loved child of God.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have GOT to get out more!Congratulations on your first "yard saleing" experience. Sounds like you made off like a bandit! And excellent meditations, man - may they stay settled deep in our hearts when the rough times come. Courage & Peace,

Adam

1:29 AM, July 30, 2007  
Blogger Trav'ler Jenn said...

You look like a monkey, albeit a very well dressed one.

My favorite name to be called by? Ephesians 5:1 - beloved child.

WOW!

4:00 PM, July 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so here's the correct link to my site. I figured out the glitch.

Blessings

5:51 PM, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Paeter said...

...impressive climbing skills

10:05 PM, July 31, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

NNFF - thanks for sticking up for my shorts - I don't care what Kyle says about them :)
Pastor Adam - I appreciate you man.
Paeter... pretty neat trick, huh!? You should let me teach your cat to climb.

10:00 AM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Autumn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:39 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Autumn said...

Have people ever suggested that instead of being in the seminary maybe you should be admitted to the zoo (specifically the monkey pens?) Thanks for the laugh!

7:40 PM, August 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garage saling is the very best. I like it best when a whole little city is doing it and you can just go from sale to the next. And if you can find an older town having one you can really find some neat stuff but it always makes me think of the saying "One mans junk another man's treasure"

10:19 AM, August 03, 2007  
Blogger kimberella said...

Well, I hope you made it down safely. Glad to see you are enjoying life...whether it's climbing up and down your apartment or bargain hunting.

4:59 AM, August 05, 2007  
Blogger skaMEDIA said...

very nice door-climbing technique...

also, i linked to you on my blogroll - if you don't mind. :)

6:15 PM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You look like a gecko!! LOL Except you don't have stickies on your feet! A++ You did well in gym class didn't you?

9:28 AM, September 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home