HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, July 23, 2007

HIS HANDS

In the middle of one afternoon this weekend I grabbed the book the Desire of Ages and retreated to sitting on my bed (don't mind the Teddybear, it is from my mommy). I was having an inner struggle and I needed to spend time with Jesus. The message that came was both difficult and full of peace. I read the story of the two disciples how they were returning to there home after the crucifixion weekend their hearts being full of questions (Anybody relate?) And then Jesus joined them but Desire of Ages recounts how Jesus did not give them a miracle but took their attention back to the Word of God because this is the only ground strong enough to hold their (our) faith. Jesus allowed them to continue with their questions and he gave them no sign of his directing only as long as it took for them to trust the Bible. Once that took place and they were at home he stretched out his hands and they recognized him because that was "exactly the same way as their Master used to do." The message: Jesus walks with us right now even while we can't recognize his leading and he is taking our faith and grounding it in his promises written in the Bible. If we (I) allow this to happen Jesus will stretch his hands out giving direction and I will clearly recognize them because that is how the Master always stretched his hands out. God will not hide his will from us, but first we must walk that road to Emmaus allowing our faith to be grounded in nothing more than the Bible.

This is little Miss Savannah-who is cute enough I thought she deserved a spot on the blog.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael,

I read your thoughts on the Road to Emmaeus. I too am walking that road with my Saviour, but the road seems all to long at times and I yearn for Him to open His hands and receive His blessing.

Thanks for sharing.

11:21 AM, July 24, 2007  
Blogger Paeter said...

Good thoughts, something to contemplate.

1:23 PM, July 24, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Mr. Osterman -
Although I don't wish "pain" on anyone else, the value of living only by God's word is priceless - here comes the Master's hands!

Good to hear from you.

10:19 AM, July 25, 2007  
Blogger Staci said...

Michael –
I went through a similar experience last March – tons of questions regarding my future – no apparent answers – and like you God led me to the promises of His Word.

I remember one day reading Eccl. 8:6, 7. “For every matter there is a time and judgment, though the misery of man increases greatly. For he does not know what will happen; so who can tell him when it will occur?” That was exactly how I felt! I wondered when God would give me an answer. But the promise came a few verses later: “For I considered all this in my heart, so that I could declare it all: that the righteous and the wise and their works are in the hand of God.” Eccl. 9:1.

The lesson for me was that while I had no answer from God regarding the timing, one thing I could know – I and all my labor and ministry were in His hands. What does that mean? My future is secure and protected! I like to take Jesus’ message to us in John 10:28 and insert my name in it, so I’m going to do that for you. “And I [Jesus] give [Michael] eternal life, and he shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch him out of my hand.” John 10:28

You probably hate uncertainty and the agony of waiting as much as I do, but I pray that you will experience what I have – that this time can become the sweetest in your life if you will only hold on by faith to His promise of faithfulness. I have so much more I could say on this point from experiences I’ve recently been through but I’ll have to tell you about them some other time. Courage brother! I’m praying for you!!

2:42 PM, July 25, 2007  
Blogger Shawn Brace said...

Mike, nice being connected to you, my friend. It will be good to continue to explore ideas with you! Good thoughts. Keep the faith, brother.

2:58 PM, July 26, 2007  
Blogger Dr. G said...

Michael - I enjoyed the several samples I'm experienced from your mind (sermon, blog) and know I've found a spot where I can frequently be refreshed. While on the road, there are many distractions (I just finished 623 miles an hour ago), but you're really got to keep that focus. Otherwise, some little red car will squeeze between you and the 18-wheeler right in front of you, totally dsitracting you from what is really up ahead. Keep up the good stuff!

9:34 PM, July 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home