HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, August 13, 2007

HE IS HERE
I was supposed to be helping with some yard work but during one of my "quick" breaks I laid on my stomach taking the lawn in at "eye level." Reflecting on my continuing search of a deeper relationship with my Creator I thought of the lyrics of a hymn - "in the rustling grass I hear Him pass..." If your questions are anything like mine, than no doubt you too wonder if He passes you. I know He does... but maybe we need to get "eye level" with the grass.

This weekend I attended one of the most beautiful wedding ceremonies I have been to. I actually did more than attend, I had an official title - "Extra Table Skirt Buyer." 1 1/2 hours before the wedding was to begin I was at the store buying a few last minute things for the reception. At the reception Norman and Joelle (Groom and Bride) handed out "small brains" to all the guests, reminding them that as marriage is a union the greater union we have is with Chirst. The book of Phillipians tells us to take on the "mind of Chirst" and then it describes it - as being humble in service and obedience. I choose a deeper union with the Christ, and that by beholding I will become changed. (I posed with the glasses, shirt and tie - attempting to look "studious." I am aware they don't match).

And then there is putt-putt. Nothing like relieving stress out on the green "grass."

Kyle was a fan favorite giving them not one but two hole-in-one demonstrations.

Autumn also did very well putting her ball in tight places - including the little hole at the end of the green.


11 Comments:

Blogger Trav'ler Jenn said...

Humph! "Quick" break, huh? Like your friends are slave drivers and make you work endless hours hauling and chopping trees down or something...

10:32 AM, August 14, 2007  
Blogger Autumn said...

as you can tell Michael, I aim big... you see, instead of wasting my time with that little hole at the end of the green, I just couldn't resist aiming for the big hole in the middle of the green. Too bad there was already a rock in there...someone must have had to putt hard to get that in there. But since my ball was so tiny, it fit in nicely too. but really, it was great hangin' out with the three of you!

6:54 PM, August 14, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

NNFF- my "bosses" on that job were tough, and if it hadn't been for the great cooks I don't know if I would have survived. :)
Autumn - It was fun, thanks for making the decisions. I remain unknown at 3 a.m. and 6 p.m.

11:07 AM, August 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:10 AM, August 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Autumn,

We would like to officially and cordially invite you to the British Open this next year. Our scouts have seen you play and we think you are LPGA material

11:12 AM, August 15, 2007  
Blogger Autumn said...

Dear women's golf spokesman(do you also go by the initials KA? or maybe MG? or perhaps something else?), I am deeply honored by your invitation to the British Open this next year! However, I think you may need to reconsider who your scouts are for the LPGA...I think they may have difficulty spotting qualified golfers. However, I do know of one individual, Kyle Allen, who would be wonderful on the PPPGA (Putt-putt Pro Golf Association) for he is gifted at holes-in-one... Just a thought in case I disappoint you!

6:33 PM, August 15, 2007  
Blogger Staci said...

You mean I missed out on a game of putt-putt? I feel a bit jealous. It happens to be one of my favorite family activities. Looks like it was fun!

3:57 PM, August 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Autumn -
No we cannot tell you who our scouts are... that would lead to some "showing off" when they are present. Our mouths are wide open at your comment that our scouts are cannot identify true talent.
Well, I am sure you will do fine in the Canadian league.
Best wishes in wherever that place is.

1:49 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Staci -

Sorry you had to run off that evening. We owe you a game.

1:50 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Autumn said...

Dear woman's golf spokesperson (aka MG), I think you should hire me as a detective instead of a golfer. The evidence is so plain that you are the spokesperson for the LPGA. I mean, after all, you post a comment 2 minutes after the blog administrator deletes a comment and then you post another entry 1 minute before you post an entry under your name. Come on, now, that's suspect! After all, what would be the coincidence of that happening twice? Anyway, when I make it to the Canadian league, I will be sure to let you know so that you can watch me play.

5:54 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Autumn said...

Dear women's golf spokesperson, if you really want to have someone on your LPGA, then you should check out this link. I don't think I could even compare to her!

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/
7139100?MSNHPHCP>1=10347

11:33 AM, August 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home