HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I WANT TO TELL YOU... YOU ARE SPECIAL

I have a "spot" in an oak grove behind the house I am staying at that I go to in the morning to read my Bible and talk to Jesus. The first week I sat on a old railroad tie but my host family found out and put a chair out for me. Sunday morning I was sitting out reading the story of Moses' interaction with God and then later with pharaoh and the plagues. I was reflecting on God's question to Moses - "Who made your mouth?" While I was meditating on this the neighbors (who I cannot see through the trees) launched themselves into a screaming match degrading each other and obviously themselves. It's not good... there is too many nice things to say about each other. On the same note Walter just found a song I listened to while riding the public transportation in Mexico - the phrase that has stuck with me these years was the father telling his little boy that he loves him and his mother. (It's worth listening to even if you don't know spanish - "Mi Corazon Lloro"). I was reminded of the power God has privileged us with in the use of voice and words. Enjoy using them and blessing someone(s).


On our day off each week we like to escape to the mountains... this is Benton falls.

This is looking over the falls - I was trying to feel risky!

This is our executive office, known by some as Panera Bread.

We have some really good stories coming out of field school.

Last week my truck tire kept going flat... matter-a-fact I spend $2.25 at different gas stations filling it up. I checked it and there was no visible cause. So I took it to the shop and asked the man if he could check it - He said "nope, don't have time for that" and walked away... I stood there not able to say anything for the 3 seconds it took him to turn around and with a big laugh said, "sure bring it right in." Above, is the screwdriver he pulled out of the inside of my tire.



9 Comments:

Blogger kimberella said...

People wonder why "everyone" has such confidence issues and all they have to do is look around at the people in their lives. Are we complimenting our significant other, friends, children.. enough, or do we only throw insults? I think we should tell each other more often how much we appreciate them. So Micheal, I appreciate your friendship, hard work and your love for Christ which shines outward to others. You are special.
By the way, love the office. Wish I had one like that out here ;) Have a fantastic day!

5:43 AM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger Paeter said...

I really like the office! Very true about words. Actions count, but so do words.

7:52 AM, September 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been to those falls, so many years ago. Tennessee has surprising natural beauties.

8:02 PM, September 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoever said "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me" never had anyone say a mean thing to them. I think Dr. Phil once said that it takes ten "attaboys" to make up for one "you're a stupid kid". How much more we need to say that will lift people up.

On the other notes, all I can say is thank Heaven for Panera - it served as my "office" during Field School, too. If only my real office had such great food so close by! Keep up the good work, man. Blessings.

12:23 AM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Autumn said...

You have to be so careful about what is spoken, because once it is said, you can't take it back. I think that's why we must always take Paul's challenge in Eph. 4:29 to heart: "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." God bless as you minister grace through your words there in TN.

6:21 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Staci said...

When I was in Prince Edward Island last week, I found this most awesome place to have my morning quiet time with God. It was on a bluff that jutted out into the ocean with 400 foot red cliffs on three sides and soaring bald eagles. It was an amazing place to talk with Jesus! Glad you found your own spot there.

One of our days off you should visit Fall Creek Falls State Park in Pikeville -- an hour and a half from you. It has several really nice waterfalls including the tallest in the eastern US. Our family used to go there frequently when we lived in TN.

8:25 PM, September 30, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Our "office staff" treated us well. The mango smoothie was an executive favorite.

Staci - I think I saw that bluff in the movie :)

To all - your are appreciated by me.

12:44 PM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I agree, we should tell people (in general), more often, how much we love &/or appreciate their smile, time, personality...even just their presence in our lives! I feel so blessed to have the people I have in my life right now! It's an awesome feeling to be in the midst of sharing Jesus' love. All the more we should be sharing it with others (strangers) everyday!! Thank you guys for doing what you're doing...I still miss ya'll though!
Pastor Dan would fit in nicely down there! Panera is his favorite place to eat!! I'll have to try the mango smoothie! Blessings!! :O)

8:16 AM, October 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a long screwdriver in your tire! if you had not take your truck to the shop it would have been very difficult to find out what was wrong. It reminded me of my life. Sometimes everything is going wrong and I do not know what is behind all this. Jesus does, and until I take my problem to him I don't even know what the problem is. Thanks for the anecdote.

3:07 PM, April 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home