HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, October 19, 2007

"I JUST WANT TO BE WITH YOU"



I had to speed on my way back from TN this week to catch up with this guy and take the shot. It made me smile. It also made me think: That is what my "dump truck size" problems feel like to God when He carries them. He doesn't mind taking my problems... and even wants to carry them for me. Talking with a friend while in Tennessee this last week I realized this even more. What if God allows us to see our problems as so big and not as how really small they are, so we stay close to Him. Excellent! And even more, what if God allows for the "grey areas" of belief/standards to exist so that we in search of the answers stay close to Him. I know it is easier to do a knee jerk reaction and describe everything in black and white. But in honesty we have to admit it is not so. But that seems just like God, the Good Shepherd, to want the only answer to be - staying close to Him. The other option is of course to have a map of how to get to heaven and Him to tell us He will meet us there. "Nope," He says, "I just want to be with you, and I will take you there."


Here's a few more pictures from TN:

The last week we were in Cleveland, we sat in a park singing with the guitar and drinking hot chocolate until midnight. A privilege to worship Jesus with these guys.

As a bonus I got to do some free climbing. SAU is blessed with their very own wall.

And the sole purpose of the picture is for my two lovely sisters to see my ability on a horse. :)

13 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

Hey! Turning into a ridin' cowboy, eh? I was lookin' for the cowboy boots, but it looked almost like bare feet instead? Surely not! Especially in Tennessee!! ;) Anyway, I loved the illustration with the little dump truck. I think I have seen someone do that before and I thought it was really cute! Enjoy your last little while in the cemetery...er, uh, ee, I mean, the seminary!

9:46 PM, October 21, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Very awesome visualization!! I feel that exactly right now in my life...I know things really are not that bad but if that's what God has to do to bring me to my knees, so be it!! Thanks for the last TN pic!! I'm glad ya'll enjoyed your time there but I'm super-glad ya'll are back!! So uh...where's the cowboy hat? That was the only thing missing in the pic.

9:32 AM, October 22, 2007  
Blogger Paeter said...

Nice illustration with the dump truck. God certainly allows difficulties to refine us and to keep us close to Him. I think things are big to us because our perspective is just that, our perspective. We are limited, finite, erring, human.

10:15 AM, October 22, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Autumn and Elizabeth - My sisters both have horses and ride. So I wanted to impress them. I had the cool cowboy strut afterwards.

Right on Paeter - someday in when we get time to chat I will look forward to your thoughts on my comment of "grey areas."

2:14 PM, October 22, 2007  
Blogger Melanie said...

Praise God for such an aweome burden bearer. What would we do without Jesus?! Welcome back to the north!

2:46 PM, October 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Michael, great eye for the unusual - awesome pic of the truck. Good to know your time in TN was a blessing. Look forward to hearing from you now that you're back on a "regular" schedule at the Seminary.

11:19 PM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Was your strut due to your lack of horseback riding...then the uncomfortable feeling you get when you're off the horse? :O)

9:09 AM, October 24, 2007  
Blogger Staci said...

I love the thought that God allows the uncertainties in my life just because He wants to stay close to me. I needed that post. Thanks!

10:06 AM, October 25, 2007  
Blogger Joelle said...

Looks like you had fun down South.
The picture of the dump truck was great. I'm thankful that God carries the weight of the world on His shoulders!

5:15 PM, October 25, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

I say Hallelujah!! I spent this week doing a week of Prayer at Village School here in Berrien Springs - right after I send this out I am going to go burn a large box that the 200 students filled all week with prayer requests and praises - We decided to send it up in smoke to God so that He could take care of them and we wouldn't have to worry about them any more. That's good!

9:31 AM, October 26, 2007  
Blogger Call Me Crazy said...

Love the analogy for that picture. Your sister would be proud.

7:34 AM, October 31, 2007  
Blogger holamickey said...

Stephanie - if you get back on... I don't have your e-mail, and I haven't been able to access your myspace- drop me a form of connection. :)

5:47 PM, October 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael,

so, I am still wanting to know what happened with the Baptist pastor and his 14 sheep at the evangelistic meetings. Did they continue on through the meetings and join God's remnant church?

Ron Osterman

6:38 PM, October 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home