HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, March 23, 2008



AND THE PICTURE SAYS
I am in Germany and I look forward to sharing more of the incredible youth congress I was a part of.  But for now... I have been surrounded by thousands of people that look like me, but don't talk like me.  But all is not lost, there seems to be an appreciation of pictures.  The above indicates (as I am sure you have figured out) there is a divided walkway.
Okay, and the next road sign means...umm I don't know.  I think it is encouraging adults to leave their cars and houses and play with the kids. :) Or maybe it means be careful in playing in the streets.
After church, over a thousand youth spilled onto the streets of Mannheim to tell people about Jesus. Really, we packed out several trains- it was great. And interesting for me was that one of the ways was the use of pictures.  They set something like this up in a public place and then waited for people to stop and look... then they would explain each frame, helping the individual to understand God.
Here is my "new" reflection (let your mind go into the boundaries of the philosophical):  No matter how far you travel, there will still be a crack in your sidewalk. (Do you get it?  I was impressed.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

hey micheal, looks like you are having fun in germany! have you experienced jet lag? sixteen hour difference in the philippines was a wipe out for me! hope you faired better! anyway, I think that sign is encouraging adults and children to play soccer in the streets... :)

hope God is blessing richly

2:39 PM, March 24, 2008  
Blogger Joelle said...

Wow! Like, everyone is traveling or on a mission of some type... you, Mel, Autumn, Pieter... I'm feeling left out.
Blessings to you!

11:15 PM, March 24, 2008  
Blogger holamickey said...

Autumn - traveling west I think is a bit harder. I just got back last night but it was only a 5 hour difference. I think that is super you were in the Phillippines - I'll be checking your blog.
Yes - good call: the sign is encouraging the integration of adults and children... and in the end parents will spend more time with their children.

Joelle... some of don't live in cool places like Loma Linda so we have to travel. :) Happy Sabbath.

10:42 AM, March 28, 2008  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:16 PM, April 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Americans are creative.. ;) Actually the sign means that drivers should pay attention - there might be kids playing in the street. And the speedlimit there is 10 km/h - which is very slow...
Sorry for being disenchanting... ;)

All the best to you!

1:34 PM, April 02, 2008  
Blogger holamickey said...

Thanks Elizabeth. Nice to hear from you.
And thanks Astrid for setting me straight. I'll post some more pictures from Germany and you can add your comment.

3:19 PM, April 02, 2008  
Blogger Jeff and Milca said...

Hey Micheal,
I really enjoyed your blogspot. Especially the picture about the "quiet moments" in the early morning. For a moment, I traveled to that same place and imagined what it could have been like. Awesome!

8:41 PM, June 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home