HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, January 31, 2008

HI, MY NAME IS MICHEAL
I was 23 yrs. old sitting in my upstairs office when I found out my name was Micheal... instead of Michael.  A very perceptive friend of mine after seeing my birth certificate made that discovery.  Upon inquiry my father informed me that he had done that so I would "be different." Incase you are wondering about my ability to notice... all my other I.D. is spelled "normal."(kudos to Shawn for being perceptive and speaking out about it)
Since this is an introduction I shall continue. I completed my first Sudoku puzzle this week on a flight from Chicago to Harrisburg. (applause) I enjoy being amazed...
 ...amazed at things like- the picture above is the same beach where people are in swimsuits some days, but on this day with sweater and coat I couldn't handle it 10 minutes. 
A 100 times more amazing than that to me is that according to Psalms 90, God chooses to declare His faithfulness in the sky... to think that sometimes I worry.
This is what you do for yourself when you need to feel special while having to stay at a motel. 

8 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Brace said...

Well . . . I stand humbly corrected! I'm so pleased that I caused you to post a whole blog entry just for that.

10:17 PM, January 31, 2008  
Blogger Autumn said...

Hey! Are you sure that's not my apple!.... the one you promised me a long time ago and never gave it to me... hmmmm....

I know you gave me this explanation a while ago when I noticed the "unnormal" spelling of your name, but I am still curious how it took you 23 years to figure that out... Didn't your parents correct you when you spelled it wrong?

hmmm.... my mind is boggled!

10:25 PM, January 31, 2008  
Blogger holamickey said...

Yes Shawn - Thank you for being an inspiration (in all the different ways).

Autumn - Apple? In Canada the teacher gives the apples away.

So I called my parents about this problem - and they claimed they had no idea since I always wrote my name M-I-K-E-Y until I went to academy. I tried to squeeze them in to admitting they should have corrected this problem but they wouldn't accept that responsibility :)

12:12 PM, February 04, 2008  
Blogger Melanie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:27 PM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Autumn said...

how do you know they give apples away in Canada? have you ever been a student here... or a teacher here for that matter... hmmm...

again, I am baffled... (oh, about being baffled, M-I-K-E-Y does have the "e" right after the "k"... If you just substitute "k" with "ch" then you get M-I-C-H-E-Y. Then all you have to add is the "al" and bingo! you get MICHEAL! Maybe that should have been your hint all along... or was that just too complicated...?

Tal vez yo debería haber escrito este comentario en español entonces el comentario de Melanie no parecería tan solo...

(How is that for some very botched Spanish!! But it would have taken way to long to write it all in Spanish and with my limited capabilities you may not have been able to read it... maybe I will just stick with English...)

ok, this blog post is finally completed...

2:55 AM, February 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike (that saves a tonne of trouble, eh?). Congrats on finally figuring out who you are (grin)... and kudos on your first sudoku puzzle! As far as the gift on the pillow... where are the carob-based "cholcolates"? Great to know life is good for you, man. Blessings.

12:09 AM, February 07, 2008  
Blogger Melanie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:56 AM, February 07, 2008  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Man! I thought that gift on the pillow was a chocolate! Fooled me! Apple's are better I suppose...and they would make a certain dental hygienist happier too! :) Awesome digs on your real name. I think it totally suits your personality. You are very different from any Michael I have ever known. God bless Big brother.

2:45 PM, February 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home