HOLAMICKEY

It is all about people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, April 12, 2008


My trip to Europe was a fantastic and God-blessed event.  
I traveled mostly with my new and now good friend Zolti.  What a blessing he was, and made sight-seeing much more fun.
I met La Mona Lisa along with other wonderful collections at the Louvre.
Spent part of an afternoon visiting Dachau Concentration camp.  Very gripping.
These are the cell blocks- the hall seemed to just keep going.  These were different then the "dormitories" were the working prisoners stayed.  These were for solitary confinement and other punishments.
The highlight was being a part of the youth congress.  Not sure what is being communicated...
The music leaders did an incredible job taking us into worship.
I was happy.
There is an army of youth in Germany - that I believe will be used by God to hasten His 2nd Coming.
They have a great website with video and picture, etc.  (once there there is an english option on the top right).
youthinmission.info

4 Comments:

Blogger Joelle said...

Looks like you had a great experience in Europe.
What a neat event in Germany - like GYC, I guess? I like their website. They had a good photographer.

11:30 AM, April 17, 2008  
Blogger Autumn said...

micheal! i love the pictures! i have always wanted to go to germany and explore my roots... oh, well, maybe one of these days. glad you were able to tour around some of the other parts of europe as well. i so want to go back and visit! i think it would have been a solemn thing to visit those concentration camps.

3:09 AM, April 20, 2008  
Blogger holamickey said...

Joelle - as you know... Europe is great. Maybe they are looking for a PR director....
Autumn - Concentration camp was a very pensive afternoon. Keep asking God... maybe He'll open a door for you.

10:38 PM, April 20, 2008  
Blogger esperanza said...

Funny... reading Tara's blog, I found yours. I couldn't attend this years YIM-Congress (I'm in Bolivia till August) but I watched parts via internet. I attended last years congress though... was thrilling to see so many young people getting uncomfortable with "just going to church". Would have never thought that there are so many young people in Germany/Austria/Switzerland who would attend a congress like that one. I mean the German speaking world fits into Texas (if I'm not mistaken) and the first "German GYC" started with about 1000!!! people. I'm actually not looking forward to going back to Germany (I study in Heidelberg - neighbor town of Mannheim), but I'm looking forward to getting involved with the YIM-Movement!
Thanx for coming to Germany and being part of our (...God's) congress.

Greetings from Cochabamba/Bolivia
maria

10:00 PM, May 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home